Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Easy newsletter

Weekly newsletters are a critical aspect of parent-teacher relationships and communications. I have spent hours on newsletters either because I have so much information or not enough and I felt like I needed to fill a certain amount of space each week. I would type in nice neat paragraphs and read it over and over again looking for any mistakes or better ways to rephrase items only to hear a parent tell me later they didn't read the newsletter often.  That is why I developed the following format that you can find here.

(This is only the top half of the newsletter)

This format allows me to type in information quickly and over lots of interrupted periods of time without needing to reread my letter or get in "writer's mode." Parents have also expressed a preference for my new format through parent surveys. (which you can find here.) It allows them to see the important information at a glance. (I think it is all important of course, but at least they are reading parts of my newsletter now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment